Numismatic Association of Southern California...the premier organization for coin clubs and coin collectors in the land of palm trees, sunshine, and orange juice!
Past President and long time NASC volunteer
Passed away on May 23rd. Our condolences to his immediate family and to his extended NASC family.
Attention all NASC Officers, Board Members and All Clubs:
NASC BOARD MEETING AGENDA
SATURDAY MAY 2ND, 10:00 AM
ARCADIA MASONIC HALL,
50 WEST DUARTE RD., ARCADIA
Please make sure all your clubs are aware of this meeting. We need all members to attend. If you know you cannot make the meeting, please let me know and forward any reports to me.
Thank you for your assistance on this.
1. The next NASC meeting has been scheduled for 10:00 AM on Saturday, 2 May at the Arcadia Masonic Lodge (50 W. Duarte Rd. Arcadia). A summary of the last meeting is posted in the NASC Board Meeting Info section. If you are a Club Officer, Board member, Member Club Representative, or an interested Club member please attend.
2. As a special incentive offer to new members, for a limited time only, the NASC is offering an annual membership for $10.00! To take advantage of this special offer please fill out the form in the Membership Application page and mail it to our esteemed Corresponding Secretary, Harold Katzman. The form is in a PDF format so it should be easy to print but if anyone has any problems please feel free to send me an e-mail at email@example.com and I can send the form in any format needed!
3. There is an on-going discussion about the future of The California Numismatist. For an informative view see the Board Meeting section for a complete discussion summary. If you have any opinions on the subject, please be sure to let any Club Officer know so that important decisions aren’t made in a vacuum! Or better yet, attend a Board meeting and voice your opinion in person!
4. Based upon a general consensus at the last NASC Board meeting, it was decided to maintain an independent coin show and event list on this site. If you know of any shows, educational events, or if you are show promotor wishing to advertise your show, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to make any additions or corrections to this list.
5. I have added a section titled “Truths, Fables, and History”. I will be updating it monthly with informational bits and pieces that I run across or am asked to post. There will be no “ rhyme or reason” to the posts, so stop by and see whats new! Or if you feel generous send me something interesting and perhaps I’ll post it there. Currently there is a survey from the Portland ANA Show. I will generally be updating the site in conjunction with the publication of the TCN but time-sensitive info will be posted as neccesary. Let me know if there are any complaints or suggestions. :)
President: Phil Iversen
Vice President: Mike Kittle
Corresponding Secretary: Harold Katzman
Recording Secretary: Albertus Hoogeveen
Treasurer: Tony Micciche
Historian: George Moore III
Jim Phillips, HowardFeltham, Bob Thompson, Glen Franks, Kay Lenker, Don Berry, and Alex Jaramillo (Immediate Past President)
Webmaster Info: 951-767-0494 Fax: 951-767-1633
A little bit about us:
The NASC is a major force in Southern California numismatics, representing some three dozen member coin clubs and several hundred individual members. Including the participants of the member coin clubs we reach many hundreds on the Southern California coin collecting scene. They've all discovered that the NASC is a unifying organization providing numismatic learning opportunities such as our visual education library, the coordination of program speakers for area coin clubs, and co-hosting the Golden State Coin Show—the major state level coin club oriented coin show in Southern California. Material from our award winning publication, The California Numismatist, containing articles on coin collecting, numismatic history, upcoming coin shows, and information on our member coin clubs, is also an important benefit to our members.
I have added a new comments box to the website, (see below), in an effort to solicit opinions from the general membership. If you are interested in a formal Blog/Forum section please let me know through the comments box.
Comments Welcome! Please contact me if you have any ideas for the site or just generally want to let me know about anything that might need changing or you think needs improving.
If you wish to be added to the NASC e-mail list please send me your contact info via the comments box and I will forward it to the list manager.