Numismatic Association of Southern California...the premier organization for coin clubs and coin collectors in the land of palm trees, sunshine, and orange juice!
The ANA has just released the schedule for the "Worlds Fair of Money!" (Click Here!)
1. The next NASC meeting has been scheduled for 9:00 AM on Saturday, 27 August at the Arcadia Masonic Lodge (50 W. Duarte Rd. Arcadia). A summary of the last meeting minutes and latest Treasurers report has been posted in the NASC Board Meeting Info section. If you are a Club Officer, Board member, Member Club Representative, or an interested Club member please attend.
2. The preparations for the ANA “Worlds Fair of Money” are in full swing!
Your NASC is a co-host for this years show and I have added a page to provide more info, “ANA Worlds Fair of Money - Anaheim!” ANA and NASC are also actively soliciting volunteers for the show. Cick “HERE” for information on volunteering and special incentives for doing so!
Joint Meeting of Glendale and Verdugo Hills Coin Clubs at the ANA World’s Fair of Money (WFOM) in Anaheim! (Details Here!)
3. The NASC’s annual Golden State Coin Show will be held at the Arcadia Masonic Center in Arcadia, CA on August 27-28, 2016. New for this year, will be an exclusive online auction that will be held in connection with the show. Over 100 numismatic lots will be sold in the auction at no reserve. Coins of all types, U.S. and World, tokens and medals, many of which will be professionally certified, will be sold in the auction.
All bidding will take place via online bidding through CoinZip.com and the auction will close the evening following the show. Bidding on the CoinZip.com auction platform is easy and instructions on how to do so is available on their website and will be available at the show. CoinZip.com has generously volunteered the use of their bidding platform to the NASC and will be charging no fees in connection with running this auction.
All coins in the auction will be on display on both days of the show for live lot viewing. Lot viewing of the coins will also be available at the ANA World’s Fair of Money at the Anaheim Convention Center August 9-13, 2016 at the NASC’s club table. Images and descriptions of all lots will be posted to the CoinZip.com auction site before June 30, 2016. A relatively small buyer’s premium of 5% will be added to each winning bid; the proceeds of the buyer’s premium will be retained by the NASC as a donation. Winning bidders will have their lots mailed to them following the auction or can arrange to pick up their winnings at the September Long Beach Expo.
Please come out to the Golden State Coin Show this August and be sure to check out these auction lots while you are there. Best of luck to all of the bidders! If you have any questions about this auction or about the NASC’s Golden State Coin Show in general, please feel free to contact Michael Kittle at email@example.com
5. PAYPAL IS HERE! Your Webmaster finally got around to installing PayPal or credit card as a payment option for membership and Gold Drawing Ticket purchases. I have also left the traditional mail-in form for membership application as well. Both options can be found at the NASC Membership and Store page. As a special incentive offer to new members, for a limited time only, the NASC is offering an annual membership for $10.00! If anyone has any problems please feel free to send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll be happy to fix any problem you may have!
6. At the May 2016 meeting a unananimous (white ballot) vote was taken to elect the new executive body: President Michael Kittle, VP Don Berry, Corresponding Secretary Harold Katzman, Recording Secretary Albertus Hoogeveen, Treasurer Jay Robinson, and Historian George Moore III. Board members will be Walt Ostromecki, Bob Thompson, Jim Phillips, Alex Jaramillo, Dennis Berry, John Duff, and as Immediate Past President, Phil Iversen. Treasurer emeritus is Kay Lenker. I’m supposing these are effective with an installation at the Golden State Coin Show awards banquet.
7. ASC Awards Nominations
The Awards committee chair, Joyce Kuntz, is asking NASC members to submit nominations for the following:
Richard P. Goodson Award
Junior Achievement Award
Speaker of the Year Award
All NASC clubs and members should send their suggestions to Joyce at JoyceMedals@aol.com before July 1st. Who do you think deserves these awards?
President: Phil Iversen
Vice President: Mike Kittle
Corresponding Secretary: Harold Katzman
Recording Secretary: Albertus Hoogeveen
Treasurer: Tony Micciche
Historian: George Moore III
Jim Phillips, Bob Thompson, Glen Franks,
Kay Lenker, Don Berry, and Alex Jaramillo (Immediate Past President)
Webmaster Info: 951-551-9480 Fax: 951-767-1633
A little bit about us:
The NASC is a major force in Southern California numismatics, representing some three dozen member coin clubs and several hundred individual members. Including the participants of the member coin clubs we reach many hundreds on the Southern California coin collecting scene. They've all discovered that the NASC is a unifying organization providing numismatic learning opportunities such as our visual education library, the coordination of program speakers for area coin clubs, and co-hosting the Golden State Coin Show—the major state level coin club oriented coin show in Southern California. Material from our award winning publication, The California Numismatist, containing articles on coin collecting, numismatic history, upcoming coin shows, and information on our member coin clubs, is also an important benefit to our members.
Comments Welcome! Please contact me if you have any ideas for the site or just generally want to let me know about anything that might need changing or you think needs improving.
If you wish to be added to the NASC e-mail list please send me your contact info via the comments box and I will forward it to the list manager.