Numismatic Association of Southern California...the premier organization for coin clubs and coin collectors in the land of palm trees, sunshine, and orange juice!
Mike Kittle has asked for Volunteers to help him sign-up new NASC members at the upcoming Long Beach Coin Show being held 4-6 February. For complete details click “HERE”. There is Mike’s message and link’s to contact him for further information!
1. The next NASC meeting has been scheduled for 10:00 AM on Saturday, 16 January at the Arcadia Masonic Lodge (50 W. Duarte Rd. Arcadia). A summary of the last meeting minutes has been posted in addition to a listing of agenda items for the meeting in the NASC Board Meeting Info section. If you are a Club Officer, Board member, Member Club Representative, or an interested Club member please attend. This should really be a busy meeting!
2. The preparations for the ANA “Worlds Fair of Money” are in full swing!
Your NASC is a co-host for this years show and I have added a page to provide more info, “ANA Worlds Fair of Money - Anaheim!” ANA and NASC are also actively soliciting volunteers for the show. Click “HERE” for information on volunteering and special incentives for doing so!
3. We are now on Facebook with both a “Page” and a “Group” at NASC - Numismatic Association of Southern California". I haven’t really added too much but there are some photo’s from the Golden State Coin Show. There is a synopsis of the October BOD meeting posted along with other Board meeeting info. Stop by and give us a like or better yet post something.
4. PAYPAL IS HERE! Your Webmaster finally got around to installing PayPal or credit card as a payment option for membership and Gold Drawing Ticket purchases. I have also left the traditional mail-in form for membership application as well. Both options can be found at the NASC Membership and Store page. As a special incentive offer to new members, for a limited time only, the NASC is offering an annual membership for $10.00! If anyone has any problems please feel free to send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll be happy to fix any problem you may have!
5. I have added a section titled “Truths, Fables, and History”. I will be updating it monthly with informational bits and pieces that I run across or am asked to post. There will be no “ rhyme or reason” to the posts, so stop by and see whats new! Or if you feel generous send me something interesting and perhaps I’ll post it there. Currently there is an article titled A Short History of Wisconsin "The Territorial Era: 1787-1848”. This was taken from one of our newest associates, the Wisconsin Historical Foundation.
President: Phil Iversen
Vice President: Mike Kittle
Corresponding Secretary: Harold Katzman
Recording Secretary: Albertus Hoogeveen
Treasurer: Tony Micciche
Historian: George Moore III
Jim Phillips, Bob Thompson, Glen Franks,
Kay Lenker, Don Berry, and Alex Jaramillo (Immediate Past President)
Webmaster Info: 951-551-9480 Fax: 951-767-1633
A little bit about us:
The NASC is a major force in Southern California numismatics, representing some three dozen member coin clubs and several hundred individual members. Including the participants of the member coin clubs we reach many hundreds on the Southern California coin collecting scene. They've all discovered that the NASC is a unifying organization providing numismatic learning opportunities such as our visual education library, the coordination of program speakers for area coin clubs, and co-hosting the Golden State Coin Show—the major state level coin club oriented coin show in Southern California. Material from our award winning publication, The California Numismatist, containing articles on coin collecting, numismatic history, upcoming coin shows, and information on our member coin clubs, is also an important benefit to our members.
I have added a new comments box to the website, (see below), in an effort to solicit opinions from the general membership. If you are interested in a formal Blog/Forum section please let me know through the comments box.
Comments Welcome! Please contact me if you have any ideas for the site or just generally want to let me know about anything that might need changing or you think needs improving.
If you wish to be added to the NASC e-mail list please send me your contact info via the comments box and I will forward it to the list manager.